Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's a sign of the times!

   I concede... I've held out for a long while, but I am finally starting a blog. No guarantees about how often I will post, and I honestly don't even care if anyone reads it, but if you read this, I hope you enjoy it!!

   Please call me on anything you disagree with. I love good conversations that push me further, and constructive feedback is more than welcome. I know that you'll disagree with me from time to time... that's why God is so awesome! I love how He draws us closer to Him through the differences we see in one another. Can't wait to see where God takes me with this. 

   Okay, here goes... a little bit about me! I wear a lot of hats:

  • Christian- I believe that Jesus Christ died, rose again, and lives in the hearts of His people. The Bible is living truth, that guides the spirit to peace and love.
  • Wife- I got married in the fall of 2011, and have an amazingly wonderful husband! He is an amazing servant, loving partner, best friend, and he's obedient to God. 
  • Daughter/Sister- I have an amazing family which lives about an hour and a half away from me. We are the type of family that grew up with Sunday dinners at our grandparents' house, and marriages that last forever.  
  •  Teacher- I teach middle school ELA in an inner city setting. The kids are good at heart, but they've been through a lot. It's a trying job, and I'm not quite sure how much longer I'll be in the classroom. 
  • Kids' ministry leader- I work with a great group of kids with lots of, well, "personality." We do church, and more importantly do life together... from talking about God, going on trips, and having a basketball team, my heart is with these kids in the inner city
I can't wait to see where this blog takes me, but let's see together! Glad you checked me out :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment